Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

"Cannot accept a negative schedule" - is your only option to "Receive for Record"

1 reply [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 1 week 13 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

"Cannot accept a negative schedule" - "must submit a recovery schedule" - are often in Specs, but why can't you accept it - if the job is indeed negative, it is not like you are saying the you get the later date for Substantial Completion - you are agreeing that it is negative.  I understand you want them to "try" to recover but that is not always possible.  Is your only option to "Receive for Record" are you at legal risk if you approve a negative schedule?

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

I think that a better option would be to say revise and resubmit. 

Somewhere along the line there if a project falls behind schedule certainly an owner must be made aware of it. How are you going to do that if you do not submit it. I would submit it along witha narrative of why it is behind schedule. Then is it was behind due to the owners fault chnages ect. I would also say in the narrative that I was prepairing a time impact analysis. If it wa smy fault (contractors) then I would say that I was preparing a recovery schedule to get the project back on schedule.

Typically if a schedule a project is on schedule then you can says received for record purposes.

If a schedule is 20 days or more behind scheule then I would say revise and resubmit. 

If the project is behind due to the owners actions or inactions then you MUST submit a negative schedule and then give the owner the opportunity to decide what he wants to do.

He has 2 options

option #1 do nothing and let the end date slips and grant a time extension provided that the time impact anlaysis is in order.

option #2  ask the contrator to prepare a recovery schedule along with the associated costs to recover.

you must inform the owner so to give him the opportunity to make one of these decisions.