Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Producing Reports from P6

4 replies [Last post]
Robert Corran
User offline. Last seen 1 year 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
  Good Morning All I am using P6 v16.2 I cannot get a report out of it formatted as I want it to be, it is a simple report showing planned units for labour and materials, when I export to excelas an xls file the data on each line is one long line of text, why? In all previous P6 applications I have used it has come in as a tabluar report withthe data in the correct columns etc The way I have got round it at the moment is to take off the file extension, then dump it into wordpad, then import the text back into excel, seems a pointless long winded way of doing things,is there something Iam missing here, a setting somewhere for example? Any Help would be appreciated

Replies

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 1 year 2 weeks ago. Offline

You can simply copy all the data from the activity (or resource assignments) view and paste into Excel. Or Alternatively, setup a layout with your required columns, grouping, filtering etc, then select TOOLS>REPORT WIZARD and select the "Use Current Screen" option.

Joel Roberts
User offline. Last seen 14 weeks 5 hours ago. Offline

Hello Robert,

You might also want to consider trying out the reports in the pro version of ScheduleReader. It is a handy companion tool to your P6 and could potentialy simplify your reports creation process.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

just do it in the data area as columns then highlight everything and copy and pate to excel