Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Calculate Future WIP Cost

3 replies [Last post]
John Powell
User offline. Last seen 4 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I am trying to develop a working capital model for the startup I recently joined.

I am being asked to build a model to forecast cost of WIP at a given time in the future

I have Takt time, (current and future) cycle time, demand, material costs - Surely a combination of these will give me the answer?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 17 hours ago. Offline

I mean assign a resource for each activity and assign the cost for that resource based on the activity being performed. 

John Powell
User offline. Last seen 4 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Zoltan

What do you mean "resource load"?

If it makes a difference; I'm working for a start-up and this will be our first production line - it isn't "running" yet beyond ad-hoc engineering trials

Thanks

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 17 hours ago. Offline

resource load each activity in the schedule with costs 

this wil give you your anticipated WIP value