Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

EoT (TIA v/s Window Analysis)

2 replies [Last post]
Vineet Singh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello,

Can anyone help  understand the difference in between Time Impact Analysis and Window Analysis for the purpose of Extension of Time and delay analysis.

I have refered to few methods but I feel both were same.  I would appreciate any help in understanding the delay analysis techniques also if i can get the procedure to calculate both.

Thanks and regards,

Vineet Singh

Replies

Khuong Do
User offline. Last seen 2 years 2 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Vineet,

You can refer to this article : https://doduykhuong.com/2016/09/10/how-to-perform-time-impact-analysis-window-analysis-in-primavera-p6/

In the last section of article, I address the Differences between Window Analysis and Time Impact Analysis.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

A TIA is a forward looking prospective schedule analysis technique that adds a modeled delay to an accepted contract schedule to determine the possible impact of a delay to the project completion.

A Window Analysis is a backward looking or forensic way to look at a delay within a specific "WINDOW" of time. 

The window analysis is mroe time consuming, more expensive to prepare, require more expertise, more research and preperation time to complete