Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 SQL Express Server - Remote Connection Setup

No replies
Jacques Meheut
User offline. Last seen 5 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Morning,

I was wondering if anyone had successfully set up a MS SQL Express Server for a remote P6 connection? I have set up an MS SQL 2017 Server and working fine, set up the relevant ports to allow remote access but the following error from P6 when I try to connect.

"Bad public user name or password. PRM DBAccess Error: Connection attempt to database failed with message SQL State: 1, SQL Error Code: 14, Level: 16, Procedure: , Line: 0

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (ParseConnectParams()).]Invalid connection.;" I assume something has gone wrong somewhere but searching online for similar setups have been unsuccessful. P6 is not running on this server, I am just housing the SQL server there for storing the database, P6 is located off-site. If anything has done something similar, I'd very much appreciate any assistance and advice. Thanks, Jacques