Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

AEC Standard File Directory Structure for Project Schedules - ideas and tools?

1 reply [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 1 week 55 min ago. Offline
Groups: None

Is there an AEC industry Standard File Directory Structure for Project Schedules - or better yet does anyone have a good one that they would want to share that "WE" as a common group can add to CROWD further develop?  I think most corporations like AECOM, Kiewit, etc... have a fairly standard structure but stop where we start:  (Also is there specialized software to help this process?) - Hey Primavera - how about you help us on this one... - it will help future process automation efforts that you SHOULD be developing...

Project
  ScheduleBasedRpts
  Contractor Schedules
    byMonth201710
    byMonth201809
  CM Reports
  Owner and Reference
  ArchiveStandardFormat
  Summary Schedules

- I admit this is bad and short, I am just trying to demonstrate and motivate:  Isn't this what this forum is all about?  Where else can I post this idea to move this idea forward AACEEI?

John

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

John 

what you have looks reasonable 

start with the project then groping by specific items