Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Does anyone use metrics for software development projects?

No replies
James Simpson
User offline. Last seen 6 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I am looking for other project managers that use metrics for software development metrics - to discuss what metrics they use, how they use them etc...

Examples of metrics are bugs-found vs. bugs-fixed over time, bug-severity-breakdown over the past 14 days, task-close-rates by developer over time  etc....  These are normally graphs of one sort or another. They generally add to the indicators that a particular methodology/approach uses (Agile, Prince2 etc..)

I use these extensively - as do a few other project managers I know from my days at Microsoft. I am looking for others who use them or are interested in using them. If you do/are, either reply here - or mail me.

Thanks,

James