Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Progress Variance Vs Finish Date

No replies
Fahad Ali
User offline. Last seen 6 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi

My percent complete type is duration. I had a baseline that had actual dates and now program mitigated and revised. So my previously updated program is now a baseline for current update. Problem that I am facing here is, my activity progress variance is not matching with Finish date.

For example: actual progress is 80% and planned is 90%. remaining baseline duartion was 35 and remaining duration now is 11 which is not matching my actual progress of 80%. As per my actual percentage, remaining duration should be 7(20%*35). It is P6 version 8.2. Please advice.