Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Software for fast "visual" programme

1 reply [Last post]
Giordano Picco
User offline. Last seen 5 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Good morning everybody!

Just a quick question probably for some of you:

Is there any free software I can use to create fast and clear small programme with the pourpouse of rapresentation/comparison of programme?

I try to explain it better:

Sometimes I would need to prepare fast "summary programme" in order to compare easily some specific task or to create small sub-programme which contains activities at level of detail not required in Primavera main programme.

My company has already Primavera (which I'm using) and MS Project but I wonder if there is a free software to create programme similar to Asta powerproject, for example, in order to create  fast programmes "easy to read" for menagment and other people.

Some of the High level menagment doesn't like programmes with too much detail and I need something which would help me to create this summary to be printed in A4/A3 in a single page. Sometimes I solve it creating an excel spreadsheet and coloring cells, which you understand doesn't look professional.

Does some of you knows a similar software?

Thank you in advance for your kind reply.

Giordano

Replies

Ben Taunt
User offline. Last seen 19 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Not free, but Asta Easyplan is (relatively) cheap: www.astadev.com/products/asta-easyplan

And it can still open/save to MS Project XML and XER if you do need compatibility.  Has all the same formating and printing options as Asta Powerproject, so you can still create attractive plans, but without some of the bells and whistles.

Cheers,

Ben @ Asta