Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Machine Learning / Hardware Scheduling Projects

No replies
Aaron Melton
User offline. Last seen 9 years 25 weeks ago. Offline

Hi! I am kind of newbie in scheduling. I learning all I can about the longest path. It seems like with today's increasing effecienecy of computers and Internet bandwith it would be possible to develop more precise, accurate and effecient alogrithms than critical path methodoloy. In particular using machine learning and dedicated hardware to compute a schedule faster, with more dimensions of information and probabilities. For example consider the machine learning of Netflix or the computational power of the Bitcoin community (ex. ASIC (application-specific integrated circuts)). Does anyone know of any machine learning or hardware projects that relate specifically to scheduling?