Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Is There A Template/Procedure For Sub Contractors Monthly/weekly Planning Requirements

1 reply [Last post]
Patrick Gaughan
User offline. Last seen 5 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

Hi

We have just started a massive energy project which will eventually take on board lots of subcontractors, who will obviously need to be managed accordingly.

I have been asked to write a procedure/template outside of the generic standard contract requiremants as regards our requirements from them from a planning point of view each week/month.

Does anyone know of a good place for me to start, is there any literature out there with which i can reference, or perhaps someone has done something similar in the past and would point me in the right direction....

Thanks

Pat Gaughan

Replies

Saju TS
User offline. Last seen 8 years 27 weeks ago. Offline

Hi

Patric,

Usually Reports from sites are

1. Weekly

2. Mothly

3. Daily ( for sensitive projects that need more attention)

4. Lookahead usually- 4 weeks

5.kpi - reports

First of all  the subcontractor must know your(client) programme or their part of programme.

and you have to issue them before reporting .

First of all you have to generate the whole Planned program and issue to sub/ or ask their planned programme

Program for installation of  600 Units

First week- as on

No

Planned Units

Actual Units

Planned%

Actual %

ahead

behind

remarks

Reason for delay

Units you can use either weighted percentage of the cost or Man hour

Weighted percentage cost from BOQ, But Unit must be same in all programme

you can update the same percentage in Primavera  and generate reports,Comments or remarks must be important for  future claims and dispute

thanks and regards