Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Duration calculation according different parameters

No replies
Eric EVRARD
User offline. Last seen 6 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello Everybody,
I am asked to automatically adjust the duration of an activity according the values of differents parameters with P6.

The task is composed of several drawings conception whose duration is depending on the number of drawing to emit and the number of draftman assigned to do the job.

I thought of using the global change function but it seems quite complicated as I have to introduce multiple intermediate calculation.

The formula I would like to use is the following
N:quantity of drawings
D:quantity of draftman
Duration for N drawings = 22+[((N-1)*8)/D*2] if D is unpair I keep the natural value of D/2 ie: D=5 -> I use 2

Another solution would be to export an excel file of the planning,do the calculation with excel and import into P6.
Hope someone can help me
Regards
Eric