Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

What is Project Control?? What is Proj Cont Managment

4 replies [Last post]
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Fellows in PP,

What is Project Control???

What is Project Control Management???

What role is Project Control Manager???

I’m asking this questions in relation to the thread "PROJECT CONTROL MANAGER INTEVIEW QUESTIONS"

Is Project Control really a new concept??? I dont think so!!!

How broad is the applicability of project control??

Cheers,

Sensei

Replies

Charleston-Joseph...
to recap:

Project controls are systems used to plan, schedule, budget, and measure the performance of a project/program.

Project control is also that element of a project that keeps it on-track, on-time, and within budget.

Project control begins early in the project with planning producing baseline plans and ends late in the project with post-implementation review, having a thorough involvement at each step in the project process and project life cycle.

Cheers,

Sensei
Charleston-Joseph...
Before we move further,

we have to understand "What is a Project?"

A project is a temporary and one-time endeavor undertaken to create a unique product or service, which brings about beneficial change or added value.

Project Management is the discipline of organizing and managing resources (3m: Manpower, Money, Machineries) in such a way that the project is completed within defined scope, quality, time and cost constraints.

The challenge of project management is to ensure that a project is delivered within defined constraints eg.: time, cost and quality.

This is also where the discipline of Project Control, Project Control Management, Project Control Manager, play a major pro-active part in the overall in project management.

Cheers,

Sensei
Charleston-Joseph...
IF

Project Control keep track of project relating to time, then, HOW ?????

IF

Project Control keep track of project relating to cost or budget, then, HOW ?????

any bright idea for discussing????

Cheers,

Sensei
Charleston-Joseph...
In my humble opinion....

Project Control is that element in project that keep it on tracks, on time, within budget....

I can add quality but I think the quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) guys/gals may object.

We will focus on time (schedule) and cost (budget).

Cheers,

Sensei