Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

urgent need for clarification / assistance

1 reply [Last post]
deys nassah
User offline. Last seen 6 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Hi guys!
I have been asked to prepare on an urgent basis ( by tomorrow morning )the following by a client organisation dealing with mega projects:
1. develop a typical pre construction master programme (structure only) for a campus type construction and highlight "pinch points"

2. Develop an outline programme (structure only) for a campus type project having buildings with one Contractor and the infrastructure works with another Contractor. Both the contracts are with different clients.

I have not had the chance to enquire exactly what they mean !!
For item 1 above,I am assuming "pre construction" means from initiation stage ie. predesign,tender for designer designer then design followed tender for construction, themn finally award construction contract. I am also asuuming they mean WBS when they say "structure only".

Similarly for Item 2 above, "outline programme" (structure only) I am assuming they mean WBS for the Level 1 programme.

Can anyone urgently confirm that my understanding could be correct, I hope i am not completly off the mark????????

For Item 2 above, "outline programme"

Replies

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
sorry, but there’s no such thing as abrupt as your requirement. mega projects??? you can do it overnight?