Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

GAS PLANT PIPING (Piping Distribution)

4 replies [Last post]
zulfi Ali
User offline. Last seen 17 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Friends ,

Anybody have idea about gas plant piping.
Sulfur Recovery and treatment plant. Piping Distribution
I have been given just P &IDs and piping in tons , could you please give any idea what would be distribution of piping with their Dias in differrent medium with their sizes.
like Rich Amine, Lean Amine, Cooling water, Steam condenser, Combution Air, Sulfur Condenser

18" 20%? Lean Amine
8" 25%? Rich Amine
Cooling Water

Distribution of piping in terms of percentage just an idea.

Anxiously waiting for your reply

Thanks a lot,

Replies

zulfi Ali
I have called one of my friend , he will let me know about the capacity of plant. I have to submit a report and dont have enoguh information from contractor....can you please let me know
what are the general distribution of piping in a medium sized palnt..... like 20" sch 40 is 65% of the plant....18" Sch 40 10% of plant....I was given only in tons like CS piping 2400 tons.
Any help from you can give me great bost.

Thanks a lot Brother
Norzul Ibrahim
User offline. Last seen 16 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Zulfi,

Normally, in parallel with the P&ID preparation, we also prepare the line list that register all the line no, spec, size, fluid type, pressure, temp, etc. Can u obtain the line list?

What is the capacity or your Sulphur Recovery Unit (SRU). I’m from the refinery and we do have SRU. Just to check, which Licensor yu are planning to use i.e. Comprimo?

Thanks

norzul
zulfi Ali
Right now I am in the mist of making one Proposal. This I know that P & ID good for commissioning and testing purpose, that’s why I asked any idea of piping and it’s compositon ..P & ID can not do anything for my job.
I have tonage of piping str and supports..

Thanks
Mohd Mahd
User offline. Last seen 16 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear zulfi,
P&ID’s can not be used for planning. They are to show the process components.
To start ur planning you want piping layouts, piping GA’s.
where u can know the distances the diameters the leveles, undergrounds, above grounds.........

P&ID’s will help getting good idea about the subject. in rarely some cases u can create level 1 or 2 plan.