Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

eTaskMaker?????????????????

1 reply [Last post]
Ali Hamouda
User offline. Last seen 7 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Bernard Ertl ,

the Idea of eTaskMaker is great...

Would you Pls explaine for us how it works, so as we can build a Trust in this very good Idea.Also we if we can Paticipate in enhancing the Module..or at least if we can give our Openion.

in the reality when we creat a List of Activities for a Project,we depend upon alot of things..such as 1-Scope of work.2-Bill of Quantiy 4- the Drawings(so as we can define where the activities are existing in say the building and also it helps in Create the codes of the activities.

If the eTaskMaker can ask us for example such questions:

how many Basement floor you have in the building?
what is the Area of the first Basement 2nd..1st floor..2nd floor?

how many similar floors you have?

how many form work you will utilize?

how are u going to move the form work?

what is your Resorources available..and what are equipment you use?

---------
I would like to Imagine eTaskMaker as a consultant Office setting with his Client to help him developing his Project Schedule for the Construction or whatever...is that included or Possible in eTaskMaker?

We need to build a confidence in such Software..not just ,,,ok we are going to create for you the Tasks in just a second!!!...No..I would like the software to work with me as an Expert in Project Managemt and remind me by the important Issues I might aware or forget while I am developing the Plan.I would like eTaskMaker to put in front of it the rules and Principals of Project Managment that we know say from Project Managment Body of knowledge ..etc..and this Issues should be Clear in the Wizard.

In this Case eTaskMaker will serve the Planner not only in Developing the Schedule but in Training,Learning..and Devloping a Trustfull Clear Project Schedule.
thanks

Ali Hamouda

Replies

Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Ali,

Yes, you can build your own modules or modify existing ones with the eTaskMaker Module Editor. The module logic is layed out with a flow chart including decision tree blocks (scope variation) and variable blocks (estimate variation). The system is very flexible with regards to module design and planning output.

If the eTaskMaker can ask us for example such questions:

how many Basement floor you have in the building?
    what is the Area of the first Basement 2nd..1st floor..2nd floor?

Yes, all of your questions can be incorporated into a module as either a decision tree query or variable definition query (see the flowchart image on the link above).

I would like to Imagine eTaskMaker as a consultant Office setting with his Client to help him developing his Project Schedule for the Construction or whatever...is that included or Possible in eTaskMaker?

I’m not sure I understand your question. eTaskMaker is a tool that allows planners to quickly generate customized schedules based upon parametric data. Consultants/contractors can use the tool for preparing bids that match their production schedules. Owners can use it to standardize and refine best practices across the enterprise.

Each license of eTaskMaker is encoded with the client’s serial number. Any estimating modules that are created or modified by eTaskMaker is encrypted (or locked) with that license’s serial number. This ensures that only the owner of that copy of eTaskMaker may use that module (protecting proprietary data).

Of course, owners may contract with 3rd party planners to develop (or refine) modules using their own licensed copies. We will be releasing a developer’s edition of the module editor sometime later this year which will allow consultants to develop their own modules which can be licensed to other eTaskMaker users (ie. allowing you to encrypt the serial number of another user so that they may use your module). We do not have a release date yet for this product.

...I would like the software to work with me as an Expert in Project Managemt and remind me by the important Issues I might aware or forget while I am developing the Plan. ...

I believe that is exactly what eTaskMaker does. I think it will be clear to you how the system works after you review how the Module Editor works. There is a link on that page (linked above) which allows you to download a Manual/Tutorial which takes you step by step through the process of module creation. I’d recommend that for a complete understanding of the system.

Of course, I would be happy to clarify anything that is not clear.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software