Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Planning, Scheduling and Managment courses for STOs

3 replies [Last post]
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 15 weeks ago. Offline

InterPlan Systems is now offering a series of classes, seminars and workshops as part of their new STO Academy, including:

• Planner/Scheduler courses, with Certification
  • Turnaround Management Bootcamp
  • ATC Professional Workshop
  • eTaskMaker Wizard Workshop
  • eTaskMaker Module Editor Workshop
  • eTaskMaker and ATC Professional Introduction Seminars (free)
  • STO Management Mythbuster for Executives

For more information on available courses, please visit the STO Academy page.

Replies

Stephen Devaux
User offline. Last seen 14 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

That's great news, Bernard. When you start teaching drag, let me know if you'd like me to send you some exercises in its calculation.

BTW, my new book Managing Projects as Investments:  Earned Value to Business Value was just released by CRC Press. You might recognize some of the names of the people quoted on the "Reviews" page. ;-)

Also, my editor has said that if any software or project management companies would like to write a review and post it on their website, and link to the ordering page at CRC Press, they would be delighted to send you (or Vladimir or Raf or, hey, Mr. Ellison or Mr. Gates(!) ) a free e-copy of the book. Let me know if you (or any other s/w package: Asta? Primavera? Deltek? Synchro? Parsons Brinckerhoff?) would be interested.

Fraternally in project management,

Steve the Bajan

Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 15 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Steve!  No, the courses at present do not cover DRAG.  That will likely be incorporated after the release of our next gen software which will include a drag calculator.

Stephen Devaux
User offline. Last seen 14 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Everyone involved in project scheduling should study it in the context of turnarounds. IMO, no other application is as rigorous in its crritical path analysis. I suspect that the reason is that the cost of time on turnarounds is both substantial and well understood.

Schedulers in other applications would do well to study turnaround scheduling.

BTW, Bernard, does your course include critical path drag and drag cost?

Fraternally in project management,

Steve the Bajan