Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

New to the Planning Scheduling Field

No replies
Paul Torretta
User offline. Last seen 14 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Being a youngster in the field (I started planning mainly as a form to track deliverables in procurement) I used the companies Primavera program as my purchase tracking report, learned it and the company had me put in actual projects then track the projects, started in P3 then moved to P5. I worked directly for PMs and Field Services to track the schedule to meet the goals established and prevent limited liability.

I have been in P5 for 2 years now. I am now with a different firm strictly planning and scheduling. I am looking forward to talking with you all and learning the language of a planner/scheduler.

Reading many posts about the Scheduler and Planner I am becoming educated on the proper philosophy, I never went to school or had classes on scheduling it was all on the job training. It is different when you get to theorize about a project ... but when you have to have material and construction completed or you face limited damages it is a steeper learning curve.

Thank you again for all your insight.

Paul A. Torretta
Project Coordinater