Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Suretrak Manuals in Arabic?

9 replies [Last post]
Selina Logan
User offline. Last seen 5 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi, Im a Planner working in the Middle East and tasked with training a couple of engineers in SureTrak. Arabic is their first language and I think it would be easier to get them started with manuals in Arabic. Can anyone suggest where I may be able to order them from? MAny Thanks

Replies

Selina Logan
Not all Arabs know English well enough to learn a new software. Especially the engineers I am working with in country in Iraq.

Thank you - my original question has been answered - there are no Sure Trak manuals in Arabic yet. Please let this be the end of the discussion. Cheers and Bye For Now.
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Osama, I totally agree with you.

This is better to follow English manuals instead of Arabic
osama yassin
User offline. Last seen 18 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
i think there is no arabic versions of it

don’t worry arabians also know the english language
Irfaan Adams
User offline. Last seen 18 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Check on EBAY there is a primavera manual in arabic, it might be some help
Jaco Stadler
User offline. Last seen 17 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Selina
Have you asked Primavera ???
Shahzad Munawar
Currently not available.
Selina Logan
The schedules are, and will be, in english, the current manuals are in english. It would be easier for the engineers in question to have both arabic and english versions of the manual.

All I am asking for is ’Are there arabic versions of the manual?’, not advice on how to run bi-lingual programmes, or train planners, with respect.
Jaco Stadler
User offline. Last seen 17 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
I would suggest use english manuals after all Suretrack is in English/the reports is in english/ The will type in english so rather than trying to have schedules in two languages I would suggest just sticking with one. Have you asked the engineers what language they prefer.
Shahzad Munawar
Not seen these manuals in Arabic language especially so far. So better to use English manuals for future reference and help.