Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Managing the Printing of Gantt Charts multiple stakeholders content needs and frequencies

3 replies [Last post]
Brian Walkin
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am struggling to find good practice guide for managing print layouts. I am forever adjusting paper size and logo and footers and timescales etc for gantt print outs. I have several projects, each with different PM and clients and other stakeholders and they all need their versions of the gantt report issued at regular intervals. I would like to provide consistent looking reports each month/ week. This is proving to be a huge time resource to provide. I don’t see this kind of report in report manager, rather it appears to be associated with layouts but I am not sure of Primaveras intent here should i have a layout for every report for every client and PM. I have tried visualiser which need a lot of set up but before I waste any more time thought I would pose the question here: Tips/tricks for managing gantt reports in P6- any suggestions, insights, recommendations or experience? Thanks Brian

Replies

Brian Walkin
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Thanks Santosh for your comments and links, I will follow your advice. 

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

you can try to save the layout for you as the current user and thenn use this layout for any project

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 1 year 3 weeks ago. Offline

Brian,

Each print layout is associated with the layouts you use, so to print the Gantt chart, you would need to create seperate layouts for each report you want to create. The trick is to have "working"layouts that you use when managing your schedule regularly, then switching to the print layouts without modifying them. You may Also Export Layouts to a file on a drive, and that way you've saved them as a standard should you need to import or overwrite them again.

Plan Academy have a few articles on their website that might help:

How to Import & Export Activity Layouts

The Essential Guide to Printing Layouts in Primavera P6

Tensix also have articles, heres one:

PRINTING A GANTT CHART IN PRIMAVERA P6

When creating the print layouts, try to use variable fields as much as possible (those that are contained within [ & ] ) as this will refuce the amount of manual changes required each time you want to print.