Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Schedule Performance Index in P6

1 reply [Last post]
Mohan Yadlapalli
User offline. Last seen 4 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I'm in the process of rebaselining my projects and our management decided to implement SPI with the new baseline. As the revised baseline should show SPI of 1.00 (earned = planned or whatever earned is planned), I made the SPI equal to 1.00 by using the  percent complete calculated from the Schedule percent complete column in the physical percent complete column (This makes my earned = planned and therefore SPI = 1.00). But in reality the physical percent complete is much lesser than the schedule percent complete. I'm not clear if to match these percent completes now (so that SPI becomes 1.00) and rebaseline the project and at the next month update reflect the actual physical percent complete and bring the SPI way less than 1.00 (may be 0.60). I assume this is not an intelligent strategy. Could anyone guide me through?

Thanks,

Mohan

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

it is what it is if it is .60 then so be it why are try to manipulate it ?