Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 v 8.2 not installing

4 replies [Last post]
Kevin Rayner
User offline. Last seen 2 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Using the agents laptop with v 8.2 for several months now and today it would not start.

The error message says Primavera P6 Professional R8.2 has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution available.

The debug option also thows up an error when run.

Anything I can do about this?

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 days 2 hours ago. Offline
  1. Go to Control Panel --> Programs --> Uninstall a Program.
  2. Uninstall Visual Studio (make sure you have the installation media ready before you do this).
  3. Launch the Microsoft Visual Studio installation file to reinstall Visual Studio.
  4. Log in to P6 Professional.

If you do not need Visual Studio, you may use the .NET installation file located in your P6 Professional Project Management installation media.

Kevin Rayner

An unhandled win32 exception occuured in PM.exe [7724]. It then goes on to talk about enabling the Just in Time debugger in Visual Studio. I give that go given that IT are no help.

Kevin Rayner

Looking into this a bit deeper I dont think this isn't specifically P6 related. The error relates to PM.exe. Googling PM.exe throws up few things. There seem to be various tools to delete PM.exe so I will make a few enquiries with a computer repair shop.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 days 2 hours ago. Offline

whast the error thrown up ?