Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

New resources & price/unit while importing project.

3 replies [Last post]
Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all,

I have a Project with resources(100 nos) and price/units. I export it and send to the Contractor. Contractor added few resources (now 105 nos) and also he changed the price/unit of certain existing resources.

Then while importing it to my system (creating as new project), what changes to be expected, if the default option of "Keep existing" for resources is selected.

1. The existing resource pool in my system will be added by the additional 5 nos (added by the Contractor)?

2. The price/unit of the above said certain resources in my existing resource pool wil be updated?  

In my understanding, if we use "Insert New" option for resources while updating, the existing 100 resources remains there, and a new set of 105 resources will be created with the respective price/unit. This will make the resource assignment area bulky.

Another question: If I delete a project, the related resources also will be deleted? The resources are not shared with another project.

Best Regards

Kannan

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

I beleive so 

Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Zoltan,

by using the UPDATE EXISTING option, how abt the new 5 resources added by the Contractor? It will be added to the existing resource pool of my original schedule?

Thanks

Best Regards

Kannan

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

select update existing