Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How does OPP 3.2 Exter projects work within the main project schedule?

2 replies [Last post]
Kenneth Rodrigues
User offline. Last seen 7 years 32 weeks ago. Offline

I wish to check if anyone has used the External projects with the main project schedule file.

1. Does is roll up specific Milestone only or Activities ?

2. Willl the Resouces Actual Hours via WelcomHome roll up too the main project schedule?

3. Are only specific situations when this External project will work ?

4. How does one implement practically? Developer's Guide as need to "Save As" , but is still not clear to me.

5. How is the External project defined within the main project - who EVM is being tracked and some Payment milestones are bing Reported via some Reporting tool ?  I need some pointers here in a short illustration.

Replies

Kenneth Rodrigues
User offline. Last seen 7 years 32 weeks ago. Offline

Matt,

Thanks you for your reply and interesting suggestion. Master <=== Main project + (External ) Minor project. So both project will be on 1 schedule and roll up. Nice idea. I suppose you just maintain Main and Minor Project separately.

Matt Woj
User offline. Last seen 9 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Kenneth,

If you add an external project, it will just show up as extra tasks in your main project. Everything will roll up.  If you don't want that, you may want to created a higher level master project and roll both your main project and this external project into it.

--Matt