Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Microsoft Project 2013 and the Look Ahead Filter

6 replies [Last post]
Emily Foster
User offline. Last seen 1 year 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Here's a great tip on how to create a Look Ahead Filter in Microsoft Project http://ow.ly/wLBo300pa1D

Replies

Brian Sheils

Emily 

Your formula certainly works fine and I did not doubt that it would not - I did use it for my project and I get a blank project - just like your 4 week lookahead - when I click on that it returns a blank - although you have no formula for that I believe anyway I used your formula which works fine but not in my Project - I need to go through and see where I am going wrong but again Thank you so much for the help and formula - I am doing something wrong that I need to remedy

Best regards

Brian

Brian Sheils

Thanks Emily I will certainly give it a go and Thank you for this - fingers crossed as I could do with using it at the moment 

Best regards

Brian

Emily Foster

Hi Brian,

If you go to the bottom of the article, I've just added the Microsoft Project file that I used. Hopefully this will help.

Tom Boyle
User offline. Last seen 4 days 5 hours ago. Offline

Brian,

For a response other than "double check harder," you need to be more specific. 

What region are you in (determines whether to use commas or semi-colons)?

What (exactly) is the formula you are entering?  In what field?

What specific errors are you getting?

Needless to say, is your installation fully up to date?

Brian Sheils

HI Guys

I have tried this formula in MSP 13 and it does not work - it brings back errors even though I have double checked it still no good - so either I am missing something or the formula is presented wrong - possibly more my fault I assume at this stage

Please advisew anyway

Thanks Brian