Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

New MSP Add-on Looking for Input about Including Critical path Drag Calculation

No replies
Stephen Devaux
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

A new thread was posted two days ago on my website's new Discussion FORUM by a guy named Thomas Boyle. It explains that it has enhanced its Logic Analyzer software add-on to MSP to include critical path drag calculation.

Needless to say, I am delighted at thought that Microsoft Project users will be able to use an automated tool to compute this new but "critical" CPM metric.  (As far as I know, the only package that currently computes drag out-of-the-box is Spider Project.)

Mr. Boyle is basically asking for input about how MSP users would see themselves using drag calculation and how they feel the algorithm would be most helpful. 

(If by any chance, you are lost about critical path drag, you can find lots of articles on my blog just by searching on the "critical path drag" tag. And exercises in computing both drag and drag cost can be found here.

Fraternally in project management,

Steve the Bajan