Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Color Coding in MS Project

1 reply [Last post]
Tom Tom
User offline. Last seen 5 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am currently using MS project to manage employee on different jobsites. I created a resource list for all the employees and created Gantt Chart of all project. I am having two issues and looking if anyone can help men out:

1) The task usage view currently has employee hours broken down by day in the timescale. Employee vacation are displayed as 0. Im trying to find a way to color code those vacation days so as to make timescale visually appealing.

2) I am curently manully updating employee vacation and time off using the Task Usage view and inputting 0 for the vacation days. Is there a better way of doing this? I tried using resource calendar but there is way too many employees

Replies

Evgeny Z.
User offline. Last seen 38 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Tom,

in this discussion I proposed to use high priority activity to handle vacation

http://www.planningplanet.com/forums/planning-scheduling-programming-dis...

Regards.

Evgeny