Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

weightages

3 replies [Last post]
Coleridge Shelley
User offline. Last seen 18 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Is there any seperate formula for calculating the weightage allaocation for Engineering,Procurement and Construction considering the following Engineering - Manhours Procurement - Cost and Time(Supply) Costruction - Cost and work load (Qty of work) If anybody can give other suggestion also welcome thanks in advance regards Shelley

Replies

Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Good one atlast I got some basis hope all planners can use this mainly for EPC. I will try for one project and will give a feedback about it’s application

Thanks a lot dear

Shelley
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
For Engineering, convert the total estimated manhours to cost (i.e. manhours x ave. unit rates of the engineering team per hour + overheads, profits, etc.). Divide it with the Total Contract Price and that will be your weight for Engineering.

Net Amount of Procurement = (100% - Wt. of Engineering) x Supply Contract Price

Weight of Procurement = Net Amount of Procurement / Total Contract Price.

Net Amount of Construction = (100% - Wt. of Engineering) x Construction Contract Price.

Weight of Construction = Net Amount of Construction / Total Contract Price.

If you want to have a separate weight for Commissioning convert commissioning manhours to cost (following the same steps for engineering). Divide commissioning cost to Total Contract Price to get commissioning weight. Of course, you have to subtract commissioning weight to the calculated construction weight above to adjust the weight of construction accordingly.

I hope this will help.

Cheers,

proj_planner
ABHIJIT CHITRE
User offline. Last seen 12 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
could understand the question correctly but yes there is certainly a way of preparing a s-curve including all the EPC activities. mhrs could be worked out for all the the heads.