Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

calculation of cost for non labour resources assigned to all the project.

4 replies [Last post]
amar iadaden
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Please some one can explain me How to calculate cost for non labour resources assigned to all the project with a given price/day.

cost should be calculated even for the non worked day(week end).

Replies

amar iadaden

Thank you very much David.we also use level of effort for all equipment used along the project i think.

david kelly
User offline. Last seen 11 hours 58 min ago. Offline

If your activities are on a five-day week, BUT your non-labour resources can only be hired by a seven-day week, then the simplest ways to incorporate the costs is to create a daily cost for the resource which is 7/5ths of the weekly cost.

BUT

If you then decide to work at the weekend there is a problem

My choice would be to create WBS Summary activity or activities (whose duration is automatically calculated as the duration of the WBS) with Fixed Units per Time period as the duration type, a seven-day calendar, and all the non-labour resources are attached to those activities. This will do the correct calculations for non-labour costs.

amar iadaden

primavera p6

amar iadaden

primavera p6

david kelly
User offline. Last seen 11 hours 58 min ago. Offline
Which software?