Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Collaboration Across Time: All in All, Just Some New Bricks in PM Innovation

No replies
Stephen Devaux
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

I just posted a new blog article about collaboration and innovation in PM. It was inspired by two things:

#1. I've been reading Walter Isaacson's book "The Innovators" (which I strongly recommend). In it, he talks about how collaboration is often "across time", with innovations being tweaks to the previous theoretical framework.

#2. A friend and colleague sent me an email that made the point that almost all PM ideas must have been thought of and used at some point.

As someone who has published several books and articles with what I felt were new PM ideas, this started me thinking: what IS new in PM and what is just a tweak? And how many tweaks remain to be discovered, or re-discovered?

You can find the article here.

Fraternally in project management,

Steve the Bajan