Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Pipe fabrication - from Engineering issuing ISO to production

No replies
Masood Mehman-Doost
User offline. Last seen 1 year 37 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all, Not sure if the subject fits in this particular Forum or not. I'm interested in understanding the steps from when the Piping Isometrics are issued to the pipe fabricator and starting production. The process may take a couple of months, and I like to know all steps involved to the point the fitter begins production. I know that once the fab shop receives the ISO, it starts developing shop/fab drawings, then sends them back to the engineering firm for confirmation. Once drawings are confirmed, the overall bill of material needs to be prepared or collected. Further,  fabrication priorities are to be sequenced and start production. Could anyone add more, go into more detail, or have developed a meaningful fragnet for this process? I believe the same process applies to steel fabrication. Appreciate any help or better understanding of the process. Thanks