Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Task ID into Text Field - no duplicates allowed

No replies
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 day 20 hours ago. Offline
As new into MS Project and used to have control on my Task/Activities ID under P3 I am struggling with a way to define a Text field in MS Project in which I will enter my own Task ID’s without the possibility of using duplicate values.

Any idea?

A macro that detects duplicate values would be fine with me.

I was looking for this on a site that had some screenshots from an MS Project 2010 pre-release, but the site had to take out the screenshots, maybe it will be handled under the new version, if any of you is a Beta Tester maybe can give me some additional feedback on this matter.

Rafael