We wish a warm welcome to the find people who are offering the PrimaveraReader application. We hope to add more interesting news here shortly.
The new way of viewing Project Schedules
Introduction to PrimaveraReader
PrimaveraReader is a reader for project schedules created with Oracle® Primavera P6. It enables users to open and view project plans exported from Oracle® Primavera P6 in XER or XLS format.This cost-effective solution is designed to deliver overview of important project plan detailsamong all parties involved, requiring no other license than PrimaveraReader license. Primavera Reader - Free Trial
|Activities – overview of the open project activities||Roles – view the roles assigned to resources|
|Resources – view the resource structure and details||OBS – Organizational Breakdown Structure|
|WBS – Work Breakdown Structure of the project||Details – detailed information for selections|
|Projects – view of the Enterprise Project Structure||Baselines – compare different project versions|
|Assignments – resource allocation and cost info||Auto filters – find and filter specified tasks|
This feature enables detailed overview and graphical representation of the activities included in the project schedule.
Benefits: Users can view information in the Activities panel, which is divided between the Activity Table on the left side, the Gantt chart on the right side, options ribbon at the top and the details view at the bottom of the screen.
Work Breakdown Structure
The Work Breakdown Structure view offers an elaborate overview and decomposition of the work to be executed by the project team.
Benefits: Users can preview the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for the currently open project accompanied by a Gantt chart on the right.
The resource tab shows a list of all resources needed to complete the projects included in the Enterprise Project Structure.
Benefits: Users can view the availability limits, unit prices and the calendar which defines their standard work time and non- work time for each resource.
The Assignments view shows a display of the resource allocations across all imported project schedules.
Benefits: Users can view resource usage, cost and quantity information in a detailed spreadsheet and can use curves to define any nonlinear distribution of the resource usage.
The baselines functionality enables comparison of up to four updated versions of a project schedule.
Benefits: Users can get a detailed graphical presentation of the aspects that have been changed from the original schedule in the Gantt preview on the right side of the interface.
Auto Filtering allows filtering of project data in one or more columns according to the cell contents.
Benefits: Users can view and navigate the display of data of interest from the activities in the project schedule, particularly if it is a large schedule.
Why choose PrimaveraReader instead of sharing PDF files
- 5 main advantages over PDF printed schedules
(1) Provide an Interactive overview of the project - each member has a personalized view, chance to add/remove columns and see relationships inside an elaborate Gantt chart. Also there are Activities, WBS, IPS, resource assignments views, which offer full information regarding the specified topic.
(2) Use Custom and Auto filters - The project team members have flexibility when viewing their Activities and Filters, which is a basic feature needed to easily handle plans that contain hundreds of lines / activities.
(3) Navigate through predecessors and successors - Team members have a complete overview of the project relations and don’t feel isolated from the whole.
(4) Work with custom layouts (import .plf files) - The team members can import the company’s custom layouts in PLF format or choose how assignment data is displayed in their view. Each layout shows different columns and applies different groping and sorting of data.
(5) Baselines comparison of project schedules - Users can easily spot what has been changed from the previous schedule with the clear visual comparison of the Activity updates from previous .xer file version.
Download and Read More - here
Primavera Reader - Free Trial
PrimaveraReader™ is not a product of Oracle®, nor it is endorsed, sponsored or affiliated with or by Oracle. Oracle® and P6® are registered trademarks and brands of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.