Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Can’t make feature work “Allow Performance Interruptions of no longer then”

3 replies [Last post]
Evgeny Z.
User offline. Last seen 38 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear all,

I seem not to be able to make the feature “Allow Performance Interruptions of no longer then” to work.

In my test schedule Activity 1 has a calendar with exception on 25 Jan, which with weekend brings interruption of 64 hours., but I just can’t make Spider reschedule activity 1 it to the next week.

The schedule can be downloaded from here (Interrupt.001.sprj)

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B1FBt_G3gCVqS1pmZTJqcWI0Qjg/edit

Photobucket

Regards.

Evgeny

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 16 hours 18 min ago. Offline

If you do not want Activity 1  to be scheduled on weeks with calendar exceptions other than week-ends use milestones.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kasulthyj2f1lql

If you change Activity 6 duration to 0 and then increase it you will notice Activity 1 will be scheduled to start on Jan 14 or on a latter week but never on the week of Jan21.

This is a procedure I believe that can be applied with most software, the start on Monday have been discussed previously on PP. The second milestone follows similar logic, I guess you cannot model this particular case with a single milestone.

Photobucket

Evgeny Z.
User offline. Last seen 38 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Vladimir,

Thanks. With 7 days it works . So Spider counts interruptions against the Activity calendar without exceptions (should have found out it myself).  This is cool, that this feature can also be triggered by resource calendar.

Photobucket

Regards.

Evgeny

Evgeny,

you shall:

1. Add created exception to the calendar that has vacations on January 25.

2. Assign this calendar to activity that shall not be interrupted when preformance begin.

3. In activitiy properties replace permitted 70 hours of interruption by 7 hours.

Then schedule. You forgot 1, 3rd I explain below.

When interruptions are restricted it did not refer to regular weekends, etc. Spider looks to calendar exceptions and interruptions caused by resource requirements on higher priority activities. Your interruption is only one work day or 8 hours. If you will restrict the duration of permitted interruptions by 7 hours, and activity will be delayed and will start after exception period end.

It may be used for example for delaying the start of complex work after resource vacations.

Best Regards,

Vladimir