Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Import problem Primavera Risk Analysis mpp file

5 replies [Last post]
Martijn Verwoerd
User offline. Last seen 5 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

When I import an MS project file, the duration of the activities are divided by 3.

For example an actitivity has in MS Project a duration of 20 days and after import in PRA only 7 days.

I tried to change the import parameters and match the number of hours per day, but nothing changed.

Anyone familiar with this problem?

Replies

Tom Boyle
User offline. Last seen 4 days 4 hours ago. Offline

Thanks!

Martijn Verwoerd

Tom, 

I tried to import an mpp from Project 2013.

Regards,

Martijn

Tom Boyle
User offline. Last seen 4 days 4 hours ago. Offline

Martijn,

Thanks very much for sharing the solution!  Microsoft's proliferation of language packs has complicated a lot of things, and I would not expect PRA (rather long in the tooth) to have easily handled the complications.  Just to clarify, what was the format of the MSP file you were attempting to import?  mpp? (what year?) mpx? xml? (what year?)

tom

Martijn Verwoerd

Thanks for the suggestion, but the problem seem to be solved.

It has to do with the language settings in MS Project. This need to be in English and not in Dutch (in my case).

Trevor Rabey
User offline. Last seen 1 year 18 weeks ago. Offline

Martijn, without seeng it, hard to say. If you want a quick answer to this, send me the MSP file and I will run the xml import to my P6. my address: trevorATperfect projectDOTcomDOTau