Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Delay analysis and Right of Way

6 replies [Last post]
Abdulrahman Saadi
User offline. Last seen 5 years 21 weeks ago. Offline

Hi everybody,

I got involved in delay analysis on motorway project, the Contract is under FIDIC Harmonised (MDB).  We as Contractor received the contractual drawings on time, but from our side the submission was delayed 2 months beyond planned date in the Baseline programme. 
My question is could the lack of right of way cause delay on the preparation and submission of road working drawings?

And what is the crusial information should have to prepare working drawings?

Any help appreciated..

Replies

Abdulrahman Saadi

Ok, I'll search for that.

Thank you again.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Abdulrahman

That is beyond my remit.

You will need to seek professional advice.

Best regards

Mike T.

Abdulrahman Saadi

Many thanks Mike,

I would like to ask if its possible to back up the lack of coordiantes of right of way, by making refference to some external document may be there are standards of preparation woking darwings?

NB: there are no referrence to link between rigth of way and preparation of working drawings in the GCC & PCC of the project.

Mike Testro

Hi Abdulrahman

Then in my opinion you have a strong case for an EoT on the basis of late instruction / information provided you asked for the information in good time.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Abdulrahman Saadi

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reply

The client is responsuible to provide coordinates of right of way, from local state authorities.

At the date of preparation of working drawings, we had been provided with centerline of the road and benchmarks.

Mike Testro

Hi Abdulrahman

The key question is who was resposible for securing the right of way.

This is a common problem with linear projects such as roads and pipelines crossing land that has ownership disputes or common rights.

Best regards

Mike Testro