Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Risk

3 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 9 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Do you have an idea how to transfrer continous probabilities to discrete ones,for example,if i have a continous triangualry dist. (low,most,high) how to transfer it to probabilities to build a desicon tree.
AA

Replies

osama yassin
User offline. Last seen 14 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
[please do not post the same message in multiple threads. Thank you.]
Tomasz Wiatr
User offline. Last seen 9 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Dear Forum Guest
Palisade is best direction (of course) beceause this firm produces system DecisionTree (I hear about it :-) but other inetersting link is Decisioneering, i.e. producer of Crytall Ball -> because on the page www.decisioneering.com exists pdf document "trees_vs_mcs.pdf". It is probably interesting here. Other direction is old, Chinesee (?) system QSB (not ancient Chinese of course :-)) with dec.tree capabilities (with PERT/MCS and CPM modules too). it is good for basic research (free soft with books).
Good Luck from Poland
Luca Basile
User offline. Last seen 4 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
It should be available a range of tools that allow you to assign continuous distribution in Your node in a tree for decision making.
I can remember I saw something in palisade web site (www.palisade.com), they offer some packages using excel as engine.
But also other companies offer similar packages in different platform. You can find them running a web serch with yahoo.