Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Emmigrating to Canada!! HELP!

3 replies [Last post]
Laura Rayner
User offline. Last seen 14 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all,

I am heading off to start a new life in Canada! I am really hoping those of you with Canadian planning practice could share your experiences with me in particular what I may find different from the UK, Canadian planning jargon etc.. and how to get myself off to a good start.

ANY advise would be really appreciated

Thanks

Laura

Replies

Wasi Raza
User offline. Last seen 6 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
BUMP!
Anyone at all? Do planners exist in Canada? I am in Ottawa now. Been searching jobs online but there seems to be very few jobs compared to UK and that too mostly in production planning rather than construction. Is that the case in Canada?
Any major construction recruiters?
Wasi Raza
User offline. Last seen 6 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
I am in the same situation as Laura at the moment. i.e Emigrating to Canada in a weeks time. Just looking for a bit of guidance from Canadian professionals.

- Are there any sites like jobsite in Canada?
-Are there any specific Construction headhunters(for eg Project resource in UK) in Canada?
-What are the most common terminologies used for our breed? Planner / Scheduler / Programmer etc?

Thanks in advance for any response
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi Laura

My first advice is to go to your PP profile and change your experience from Railway to Civils.

Anyone with a railway background can do civils - but not necessarily vice versa.

Best regards

Mike Testro