Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Working Conditions in UAE for UK Expats

1 reply [Last post]
Andrew Pearce
User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
I am considering various opportunities in UAE, although a colleague of mine currently working with Lend Lease in Abu Dhabi as advised me against it.

I would be greatful for any advice in this respect, as allways I am nervous about salaries and the effect of currancy fluctuations, adequate housing allowances etc.

What other pitfalls exist?
Rising cost of living? restrictions on leisure time?

Is it possible to negotiate for housing to be provided instead of an allowance? Is that a good idea? Should I get utilities included?

Thanks

Replies

Liam Donovan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

I work for Mott MacDonald.

If you are interested in working in that area some of my colleagues might be able to help, if you want I can pass your details on to my colleague who handles UAE jobs, as I am UK focused. I can probably fill you in on the kind of conditions offered as well.

Liam