Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Work in South America

4 replies [Last post]
Kym Lesinski
User offline. Last seen 17 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all,

I’ve been thinking about trying to pick up some work in South America somewhere. I’m currently based in UK. I don’t speak spanish but one of the main reason for going is to change that. I don’t have right to work so I’ll need visa’s etc.

Has anyone been in a similar situation and sorted out work down there? Anyone know of big projects which might be recruiting people? Anyone know of contacts or good sources of info? Any advice is welcomed.

Cheers

Kym.

Replies

Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Kym ... I know that a lot o europe companies have contracts here in Brazil ... Rolls Royce is one of them.

U can also find oportunities in Chile and Bolivia.

And - just to cerrect - Mexico is in Central America, not South America.

Regards.
Kym Lesinski
User offline. Last seen 17 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
It’d be nice to get out of Europe for a while. I’ve never been south of Mexico.
Geoffrey Boulton
User offline. Last seen 5 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
If one of the main reasons for going is to learn spanish - why not work in spain. You will have th right to work with EU passport. There are some large companies who work out of Madrid. Exxon has a big project going on down in Algeciras.
Frank Neal
User offline. Last seen 1 year 12 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Kym,

I spent quite a few years with BECHTEL (US) they had projects in SA..may well be worth looking at their web page
http://www.bechtel.com/default.htm
Frank