Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

PMIS

4 replies [Last post]
moutaz aldeib
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi All,

Could any one recommend me with an excellent Project Management Information System (PMIS)? I need this for company projects and need to be used by project managers and planners.

best,

Muataz

Replies

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Moutaz, Good to hear that. And Wow! Are you now the Director? Congratulations! Well, for sure the old "Brown & Root" got all what you need, if you just try to dig up some files or archives there. The files may be old but that was the best at the time. And I believe nothing really has changed since then. Perhaps not until Vladimir has perfected his Spider Project :-). Best Regards
moutaz aldeib
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Anoon,

Thanks a lot Benghazi is getting better but it is slowly recovering. I need PMIS that addresses the knowledge areas of PM and project life cycle where the main documents like project charter, project budget, risk register and stakehloders register can be cretaed and edited. Also the schedule of the project can be created by the planner and team leaders can enter their progress and actual dates which are used by the planner to update the schedule and estimate the progress.

Best,

Muataz

Hi Mourtaz!

Anoon is right - PMIS is too general and may include everything including paperwork.

You will not get proper answers until your requirements will become clear.

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Moutaz, How's Benghazi now? I hope you're always well. PMIS is too general so I have no idea if what you really needed. For sure others will give you some advice. Regards