Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Can software solve the issues on time tracking and billing for projects ?

8 replies [Last post]
nikhil joseph
User offline. Last seen 8 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Many say that software can solve and manage all your projects. Does installing a software gives solution to time tracking , scheduling and billing. Kindly give comments. 

Replies

Kristin Smith
User offline. Last seen 7 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Yes, for example, with Easy Projects cloud-based PM software you can plan the project, allocate resources, manage tasks and track billable hours all at once. 

Kristin Smith
User offline. Last seen 7 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Yes, for example, with Easy Projects cloud-based PM software you can plan projects, allocate resources, manage tasks and track billable hours all at once. You can test drive it for 14 hours before deciding to buy it. 

Hi nikhil,

The software that is ideal for all the projects and even for small business does not exist.

As I wrote earlier there are always specific requirements depending on the project nature, type of business, project management maturity, business needs, etc.

I wish you good luck.

nikhil joseph

It's true. Apptivo also has project Management Apps which is ideal for all the projects and even for small business. I am planning to install the same.

Software selection depends on your requirements.

Create the list of software features that are needed and then compare it with the software capabilities.

In particular pay attention to resource work modeling. Most PM packages work fine with the schedules that are not resource loaded and resource constraints are not considered. Resource modeling requires advanced functionality few packages have.

The same about cost loading and management.

nikhil joseph

Thank you for information and iam planning to instal a software for my business trying to use Zoho or Apptivo.

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 day 6 hours ago. Offline

Project management software is tool for sheduling, budgeting, time tracking but not for billing.

Though it collects an information on current status of project works billing depends on many other factors.