Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

project delay

7 replies [Last post]
ronron martinez
User offline. Last seen 7 years 14 weeks ago. Offline

Hi All,

Need your advise,

We have ongoing project in Brasil, the project have to complete within 6weeks from today date.

Our work cannot carry due to site condition " i.e Task 1 is delay and our work cannot carry out "

I am asking for the EOT and i dont know the required document to justify this extension.

Regards

Ron

Replies

ronron martinez

Hi All,

In addition, As per the project schedule the work suppose to complete by end of May-2012. but because the area couldn't hand over to us to carry out the work and my schedule have revise and resubmit to main-con.

The main-con haven't approved and sign the revise schedule any advise? to justify and avoid LD's

Regards

ronron martinez

Hi All,

I need to submit a letter to client to justify the delay.

any sample letter is a big help.

Regard

Cy

ronron martinez

Hi All,

I need to submit a letter to client to justify the delay.

any sample letter is a big help.

Regard

Cy

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 13 min ago. Offline

Mike,

Ron has always been a friend to all schedulers in particular to all PP members. I have always made reference to his work, for years, it is not my fault multiple postings during the same day can be better understood by reading his papers. His TIA and P6 Dates papers I refer to PP members very frequently.

I believe you have noticed I also make reference to Asta Development papers and even their software literature as I have a particular liking to the way they allow user to make detailed updates on activities with intermittent work, an important record for when forensic needs arise, less relevant to look-ahead portion of the schedule unless some links are still active.

I am sure Ron has seen my comments about the AASCI RP, he knows it is more of a challenge than anything else and very soon will be challenging the RP again. This time with a more positive attitude as the last revision looks better than the prior versions, to the point I am starting to believe it can become a masterpiece soon. Of course I will always challenge them, right know I am trowing stones to my own shadow just to keep in shape.

I am sure you love the way out-of-sequence is handled by the RP as they recommend using continuous activities the solution is by using SS links with lag in combination to FF links with lag links, splitting the activity is a no-no. When there is disruption of the preferential logic by owner this happens a lot. For this I recommend reading the book by Caletka which is more oriented to the scheduler than to a lawyer, but by a lawyer. He does not drive crazy the scheduler reminding him that in every court all methods have been accepted, all methods have been rejected and all have won same as all have lost in multiple occasions. For selection of jurisprudence I prefer the lawyer to tell, jurisprudence changes continuously. Here we have a system of law that accepts the English code as well as the Spanish code, here it is not all about jurisprudence. I concentrate on the methodology and have my own issues when AACEI makes reference to jurisprudence.  

Best regards,

Rafael

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Rafael

Why the sudden interets in Ronald Winter's website?

Best regards

Mike T.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Ronron

First read your contract to see what grounds will entitle you to an extension of time.

Check what the notice requirements are and make sure they are complied.

Write a simple letter explaining the cause of delay and the likely delay period and make sure it is signed and sent correctly in accordance with the notice requirements.

Then settle down and work out exactly what delay is being caused and why.

Good luck and best regards

Mike Testro

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 13 min ago. Offline