Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Delay Calculation and Resources Availability

1 reply [Last post]
Tanveer Ahmad Niazi
User offline. Last seen 6 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Hi,

I had a telephonic interview. The interviewer asked me three questions. I replied all and alhamdulillah he was satisfied, but I want the an experienced reply from you guys, the question were these;

Q1- you have a project of 12 months, at the mid of the project i.e. 6 months you find the project is 2 months behind the schedule. The management asks you to prepare a recovery plan. What you do (the procedure of the recovery plan)

Q2- you have a labor histogram of 0 to 100 labor units. The management restricts you to 50% usage of the available resources. What negative effect(s) that restriction would put on the project?

Q3- at some event in the project you prepare a report for the management, and find that the project is behind the schedule, the actual progress is less then the planned prgress. How would you calculate that we are behind the schedule?

Thanx

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Tanveer

a) Adjust the logic - work patterns - resources within reasonable limits.

b) Following a resource levelling excercise the project will probably take longer to complete.

c) Reschedule the project

All of the above depends on the quality of your programme.

If you have any artificial constraints - FF SS Links - Lead lags - Top down scheduling - then you will get a false result.

Best regards

Mike Testro