Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

wbs for oil & gas projects upstream & downstream

6 replies [Last post]
mike hamad
User offline. Last seen 13 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Can some help with this?  I just joined the oil & gas industry and would like to pick-up some  guide lines on WBS for oil refineries, pipe line, and off-shore structure.    Any suggestions? Would appreciate it very much.

Replies

Mirosław Mirek
User offline. Last seen 11 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All

I'm looking for

'Spon's Fabrication Norms for Offshore Structures:

A handbook for the oil, gas and petrochemical industries'

Mayby somebody have this book and could send to me on my e-mail certo-energa@wp.pl

I will be very appreciate for help

Best regards

Donald Harrold
User offline. Last seen 11 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Mike As one of the other correspondents has stated you should develop a fundamental understanding of the scope work and then formulate your WBS. Start by thinking about phases, functions and products/deliverables and the contractual structure of your project. Level 2 might be something like; Project Management, Engineering, Construction Management, Procurement, Construction & Assembly Process Modules, Construction Jacket(s), Fabrication Piles, Fabrication Seafastening, Load Out, Transportation & Installation, Hook Up & Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning, As Built & Close Out etc. The actual breakdown will depend on the contractual structure and reporting requirements as much as the scope of work. Hope that helps D
Geoffrey Boulton
User offline. Last seen 5 years 22 weeks ago. Offline

Try get hold of a copy of "Spon's Fabrication Norms for Offshore Structures: A handbook for the oil, gas and petrochemical industries" - (very hard to come by and very expensive) was originaly written by Franklin Andrews. Hard to come by but is one of the few specific to Oil and Gas 

Peter Holroyd
User offline. Last seen 1 week 5 days ago. Offline

try the PMI WBS Practice Standard for examples and BoQ make up

Mohd Syahrul
User offline. Last seen 12 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

I think u should take a look at your Scope of Work. Doesnt matter Oil & Gas or Civil works, clearly understand your Scope of Work or Contract.

Thanks.

Mohd Syahrul
User offline. Last seen 12 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

I think u should take a look at your Scope of Work. Doesnt matter Oil & Gas or Civil works, clearly understand your Scope of Work or Contract.

Thanks.