Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

new baseline and new cash flow

1 reply [Last post]
Hazem Rady
User offline. Last seen 12 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

hi all

i have a question that bothers me

i work in a consultant firm and i review contractor's time schedules

the contractor submit a baseline in the begining of work and i get from it the cash flow

i compare this cash flow with invoices of the contractor during project execution

after 6 months the contractor had the approval of time extension for his work from the owner (1 year extension..!!)

the contractor made a new baseline showing the new project end date starting from the date the extension of time is approved till the new end date

i get the cash flow from this new baseline but when i compare it to the invoices i wonder about the cash flow of the first baseline how can i represent it when i make total cash flow vs invoices.

this is the question: i have 2 baselines with 2 cashflows, how can compare them to contractors' invoices. shall i represent 2 cash flows with 2 seperate curves or shall i combine the 2 cash flows in one curve?

please advice

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 3 hours 21 min ago. Offline
To me it makes much sense to display Original Baseline, Actual Baseline and Update Banana Curves. Banana Curves are composed of Cummulative S Curves for Early and Late Schedules.

Although P3 can display 3 Banana Curves at the same time you can easily get lost with so much data that will display 3 early date curves and 3 late dates curves.

I prefer to display Update versus Actual Baseline in a separate Graph and Actual Baseline versus Original Baseline. This makes it easier to compare one against another in a way it makes more sense.

The following is how Spider Project displays 2 Banana Curves.

Spider S Curve