Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Obtaining Master of Project Management

11 replies [Last post]
Seyed Mohammad ha...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All,
Hope the best for all of Planners & schedulers all over the world. I have more than 7 years experience in Project planning and scheduling in oil&gas projects and I’m interested to obtain my Master degree in Project management in one of English speaking countries universities. Is there any one who could recommend me the best choices? my first propriety is Australia and then the USA and UK.and Should I don’t believe in Online Degrees.
With special thanks in advance,
SM hadi Fatemi

Replies

R. Catalan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks Samer

R. Catalan
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Rommel,

Consider yourself better prepared for the exam because of the additional 1 year experience.

Start with the PMBOK and read it a couple of times.

The material that I have is hard copy. But it is always better to use the latest material in the market. Because of the continuous development of the exam questions.

With kind regards,

Samer
R. Catalan
Samer,

I’ve done the 35 hours training last year but lost study time to prepare for the exam due to work load.

Now back to square one.

Any ebooks you could share?

Many thanks,
R. Catalan
Samer Zawaydeh
Dear R.,

I would recommend that you take the 35 hours of training at the earliest and get it out of the way.

Some centers offer up to 66 hours of training in 3 weeks and some offer 1 week boot camp and submitting the exam afterwords.

I wanted to know more about the subject, so my preparation consisted of 4 books and 2000+ exam questions. It took me 3 weeks full time studying.

I would recommend that you buy the latest books online. I do not want to mentioned any specific book because the questions that came in the exam were less than 40% from the books. You will need to depend on your experience and the knowledge in the PMBOK. You need to read the PMBOK at least 2 times before the exam.

If you need any specific information, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Samer
R. Catalan
Samer,

Do we have a forum in PP advising how to prepare the PMP Exam? I know you got it already, any advise on materials, study plan and website links?

I really apologize for moving away from the topic.

Best regards,
R. Catalan
Samer Zawaydeh
In the USA,

http://business.gwu.edu/grad/mspm/index.html

is a well known program although it is not yet on the PMI list.

Best Regards,

Samer
Samer Zawaydeh
Hello Seyed,

This is the list of universities in Australia on the PMI website:

RMIT University
The School of Property, Construction and Project Management

University of New South Wales at Australian Defence Force Academy

University of Technology, Sydney
School of Construction Property and Project Management

Best,

Samer
Seyed Mohammad ha...
dear catalan
thanks for your useful link.
best wishes
hadi
R. Catalan
Hadi,

Try this link http://sparky.occe.ou.edu/pmi/php/provengine2fix2.php

Best regards,
R. Catalan
Seyed Mohammad ha...
dear Catalan,
Thanks for your useful information. I’d rather to study in a face to face course,Do you know if there is any PMI course in face to face basis.
best wishes,
hadi
R. Catalan
Sayed,

I would advise you to take a MSc. program accredited by the Project Management Institute (PMI). PMI is the leading global association for the project management profession.

In US, you can inquire at Boston University thru this link http://www.bu.edu/online/online_programs/graduate_degree/master_manageme...

In UK, there’s Work Based Distance Learning offered by Heriot-Watt University (recommended by someone in PP).

HTH,
R. Catalan