Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

PMP certif

12 replies [Last post]
sonia rose
User offline. Last seen 13 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello,

May someone advice me where can I take my 35 contact to get certified in PMbok by e-learning?

Thanks to all

Replies

Mascha Taylor
User offline. Last seen 11 years 28 weeks ago. Offline

Holding PMP certification will certainly help you in minimizing the hazzles in your project. But again it depends on PM capability.

pmp exam software

Muhammad Zeeshan ...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

You can cliam your 35 hours if you have study project management in your graduation and masters

you wanna know how to pass pmp on first try read my blog

http://pmpcurry.blogspot.co.uk/

Please also visit

myprimavera.co.uk

Annie Gao
User offline. Last seen 11 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

Holding PMP certification will certainly help you in minimizing the hazzles in your project. But again it depends on PM capability.

capm exam software
Patrick Weaver
User offline. Last seen 6 days 7 hours ago. Offline

The requirement for 35 hours if 35 hours of structured training approved by PMI, some PMI Chapters, educational institutions and commercial providers offer this.  Any course from a PMI approved R.E.P. is pre-approved by PMI (other institutions you will need to have access to the transcripts to show the course content).

The means of delivery can be interactive on-line, classroom or other option where you engage with and are monitored by a trainer. Self-study, using books or CDs does not count!

We have developed a ‘Mentored Email’ delivery process for people working in remote areas (there is a lot of ‘remote outback’ in Australia) that is approved by PMI and works anywhere you have access to email.  For details see: http://www.mosaicprojects.com.au/Training-Mentored.html (we also have a similar course develope3d for the PMI-SP).

Tushar khanna
User offline. Last seen 12 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

hey you can try knowledgewoods, they are the PMI REP and provide PMP Training with 35 PDU certificate. for more information see KnowledgeWoods Website

PM Hut
User offline. Last seen 14 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

Here’s an article on how to get 35 contact hours for your PMP application.

Hope this article answers your questions, if not I can connect you with the author directly.
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Sonia,

Samer has said correctly, 60 days is enough for preparation and shud schedule ur course accordingly.

As far as studying online or face-to-face is concerned, its ur choice. Content of PMP is not something, which u r not aware of. Its basically getting the sequence and aligning the stuff which u do everyday.

U may be working in a different way as compared to what has been said in PMBOK, and u may be successful, but to get certified as PMP, u need to understand whats written in the PMBOK rather than what u r practising.
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Sonia,

To become a member of the local chapter, you will need to become a member of PMI and then join the chapter to an annual fee. You can always visit the meetings for free and you definitely can ask about courses.

About the best choice, I think that the companies advertising on the PMI website should be of high level. Passing the exam on the other hand is an individual effort. You will have to read a lot and solve plenty of exam questions.

If you intend to take the exam, it would be better if you schedule to take the course within 60days of your expected exam day. I would suggest that you study well during this period.

Good luck,

Samer
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Ravi,

I’m afraid I don’t agree with you about online learning. While it depends very much on the person doing the qualification and the institution running the course, it can be a really useful means of gaining needed qualifications. Having said that, I must admit to being biased as I got my PhD through distance learning online.

Chris Oggham
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Take membership of PMI local chapter. They must be giving this 35 hour PM training in Morocco.

U can meet these people face-to-face and clear most of ur doubts. Online learning, I don’t thing is of much use.
sonia rose
User offline. Last seen 13 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Samer

I have already visited pmi web site and I found many choices, I don’t know which one is the best one?

Regards
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Sonia,

Please visit www.pmi.org, you will see a lot of ads.
Also, if you have the opportunity to see the PMI newsletter you will see many companies offering them

www.4pmti.com
www.cheetahlearning.com
info@pmguruonline.com
TrueSolutions.com

Good luck,

Samer