Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Document management

11 replies [Last post]
Carmen Arape
User offline. Last seen 6 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All,

Currently, we are in the transition from HOME MADE document Control system to new Document control system in market.

Would like to have a recommendation about Document control systems that you might be using at the moment.

Thanks & Cheers,
carmen

Replies

Carmen Arape
Hi Charlie,

Fully agree with YOU. The expedition is the appropiate sofware for doing this link. We already have in our departemnt someone fully conversant with both softare. He is the key guy for doing this.

Thanks, Ciao
Carmen
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Carmen,

If you want document control and schedule links, then, you can try Primavera Expedition v ... latest version.

cheers,

charlie
Clive Randall
User offline. Last seen 16 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
I have very good reports on Acconex
It has be written around what we are trying to do with documents rather than trying to change the system we are currently working on.
Its a good piece of software, totally secure with good technical backup
Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 13 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Gary Whitehead
Carmen,

Currently also using a home-made system, but have used ’>Livelink
before and found it to be a very good system.

Cheers,

G

Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Hi carmen,

you can use citadon, just go to google, and type citadon.

you can also use aconex. you can search this also using google

cheers,

charlie
Wan Noorhayani
User offline. Last seen 11 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
you can try look for EDMS (electronic documentation management system(
Carmen Arape
Hola Marcio,

Obrigada, thanks, I´ll take a look today and try to contact a user here in Venezuela.

Cheers,
Carmen
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
See Primavera Expedition at www.primavera.com
Gary Whitehead
An automatic link between DMS and Planning software sounds like an excellent idea to me. I’ve not heard of it being done before, but it would seem to be a logical link between systems so I wouldn’t be suprised if an of-the-shelf solution exists.

I think you’re right that it would take some customised interface between the two systems, but it sounds quite feasible to me. Particularly with an SQL-based DMS like Livelink, and a very customisable piece of planning software like Open Plan.

Let me know how you get on with this -sounds like a useful tool.

Carmen Arape
Hi Gary,

I have checked the site Livelink-Document Management and according to its features and the Tour guide, it seems to be an excellent solution.

BUT from the planning view we are looking for a link between Document management software (DMS) and schedule. It would be possible that this software (DMS) provides the progress of activities in the schedule. Of course, for those activities which progress is based on documents to be progressed according to milestones. For instance, the activity foundation for any major equipment which comprises 6 drawings.

I start to believe that this link must be done by In-house programming between DMS and schedule.

Thanks & Cheers
Carmen