Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Limits of planning Engineer

3 replies [Last post]
Balaji Surendiran
User offline. Last seen 12 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Can anyone define the limits of planning engineer in all sense upto what extend he can control the project??
heartly greeting,
Bala

Replies

Jaco Stadler
User offline. Last seen 17 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
The sky is the limit.

To what sense he can control the project it depends on what his Job description say’s as well as what the PIM say’s his reponsibilty’s are. (Back to good old procedure’s)

Cheers
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Alex

apart from PD and PM, good planner which time to time involve in estimation and billing may become good Contract and Claim Managar also
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
I think the limit is your own abilities

A planning engineer can be PM or PD and I see this happen all the time... In fact I am also a PM. So as a career, there is lots of possibility and it all depends on your ability.